Thursday, July 20, 2006

Family Affair















True to form, as soon as you start telling people your plans, they fall through.
For a few months now we have been planning on moving to Seattle.
We started lining things up with our schools, living quarters, and work but then some thing happened.

Ten months ago Manolo and I were about to get married when his work moved him away for almost four months. In that four months apart we realized how important our time together is and how being a workaholic is not worth the repercussions. Upon returning home he was without a job and a little jaded, well I was a little more then he was. Ok I was out right pissed, but not at him.
As we kept going, Manolo found a job but we still had the intent on leaving because we really didn’t have anything here that we were attached to. Plus Florida has one of the lowest graded school systems in the country.

Ok back to the story

I have been known to say to my friends that there is a reason for everything. Well I have come to the point where I need to heed my own advice.
A few months ago Manolo and I worked out our three year plan. We set some goals and thought it was workable and adventuress.
Then Manolo got a promotion at work but we still had the mind set to leave.
The closer we got to filling out paper work and working on the house to sell it we decided to bring the word to the family that we would be moving to the west coast.
This is very far because all the family is on the east coast.

It went over like a lead balloon.



There was some support in there but it was very apparent that it was souly out of kindness.
The following day I was promoted at my work.
The bells rang loud and the sign was taken.
We are going to tough it out here in Florida for the next two years, and then move to South Carolina where we can be closer to family and friends.

Funny how in my youth the only family I had was the friends I made in Youngstown, but now I get that blood is thicker then water thing.

To my Youngstown family:
Thank you Nate, Ernie, Rusty, Frank, Jon, and even Tommy. You guys taught me so much and I love you for it, no matter where you are or what you have done. You guys were the only family to show up and support me when my family failed.

No comments: