Wednesday, October 04, 2006

School is in

Last night after work I raced home so I could start dinner and clean the house a little. After getting dinner started my phone rings and it is Manolo but as I go to pick it up it quits ringing. At the same time I hear a little knock at my door. I assume that it is Manolo and he needs help carrying something in and that is why he was calling, so I could open the door. But as I approach my door there is a shotgun blast of knuckles that shoot across the door, then the door bell rings. I am a little worried at this point because Manolo doesn’t knock like a wild banchy. The closer I get to the door the louder I can hear little voices, little girl voices. I open the door and there are the three neighbor girls from up the street. I am greeted with three of the biggest smiles I have ever seen followed up with a “HI, would you like to buy some raffle ticket, there only a dollar and you could win 50,000 dollars”
It was really only 5,000 and that was the top prize but 50,000 is close enough.
“Sure, you know, I will buy two”
The little girl replies.
“I knew you would, when we started I said we should go to that girls house because she is nice and she always sits on her porch and waves when we go by”. The little girl next to her just smiled and said “Ya, Ya”.
I went to find the (two dollars) and they continued to talk to me as I walked through my house peppering me with questions like how old are you, do you live here alone, how long have you lived here, and so on.
I found the two dollars and as I was filling out the raffle while one little girl proceeded to tell me that I look 19 and that I must be cool because I have piercing and old people don’t have those. They also said they liked my house and that I kept it really clean (she caught me on a good day). The little girl next to her just smiled and said “Ya, Ya”.
The second girl yells out “My mom is old and already had her life crisis; she was going to but a car but instead she just lost weight”. I could not help but laugh at this a little.
I gave them my tickets and they told me I would be contacted by the school if I won and that they wouldn’t be the ones calling me. But before they stepped off my porch they where sure to thank me and said they would see me when I drive past their house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best story ever!

Anonymous said...

Thanks I needed that!
RO