Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Home Sweet Home



I want to share something that I found on wizardacademy.com. I have been thinking of returning to my home town with my new family but the closer I get to home the more I see that I no longer fit in. I thought this was funny because I just so happen to come across this quote from John Steinbeck and found that even though times change and people change the issues are relatively the same.


I hope you enjoy.


"My town had grown and changed and my friend along with it. Now returning, as changed to my friend as my town was to me, I distorted his picture, muddied his memory. When I went away I had died, and so became fixed and unchangeable. My return caused only confusion and uneasiness. Although they could not say it, my old friends wanted me gone so that I could take my proper place in the pattern of remembrance - and I wanted to go for the same reason."- John Steinbeck in Travels With Charley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are writing like a pro. I'm proud of you. Keeping coming. Love you :)