Thursday, October 19, 2006




Have you ever sat in a room with other people, all each working on their own project and you become so committed to what you’re doing that by the time you feel tired and need some inspiration you look up to find yourself sitting in a empty room?
I am finally bringing my head up and I am finding myself in an empty room.
(My dear family and friends, please don’t misunderstand me)
There are things in everyone’s life that they can only do alone and for me dedicating myself to school is one of those things.
I know that no one can do it for me. It is my ability to schedule my time to make my life functional.
What I am getting to is that I am here for the next two years and I have already made some commitments that I can’t break.
I have never quit anything in my life that was good for me. I have quit some that were bad, but that is another story.
I have never given up all hope either. I have been lost and wanted to quit in bouts of desperation but the bottom line is that I (we all) must keep going.
People of the Baby Boomer Generation keep saying to me “Well when I was in school they thought us all about _______.” Well your generation messed it up for my generation by making the television our babysitter so please stop saying that you are so great and smart because if you were I would know what you already know, but at 16 not 61.
What I am alluding to is that I must learn to work through my hardship and figure out how to continue living my life to its most enjoyable aspects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are describing the same room I'm in.
Manolo

FRO said...

dude, i'm not gonna lie-i wish i was in the same room!!! if i had 3 wishes, one of them would be to teleport you here for the weekend!! (manolo too- for doug spooning purposes of course)i'm not trying to make you feel bad about not living here, and i know these comments don't help, but i miss you dude, and i'm just being honest!!!!! love you all
fro diggity