Thursday, September 14, 2006

Self interview 091406

Full circle

Being faced with your past makes you aware of who you once were and who you are today.
It is funny to me that at 13 I knew who I was, what I wanted, and how to feel
But then things changed and I took an emotional growth trip around the block
Now I am 26 and right back at my 13 year old self
Of course I have grown mentally and physically but my views on life are the same

My question is if I had just stayed the way I was would I be who I am today?
Or would I be worse off because I didn’t have those crucial experiences that lead me to be my 13 your old self again?

Then:
I had long hair and a peaceful view of the world.
Between:
----------------Scary stuff and scary people---------
Now:
I have long hair and a peaceful view of the world.

Next thought:
I guess I needed that time in a drug induced coma to realize that I can still be that free 13 year-old and handle the challenges of adulthood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rock!

FRO said...

so, this goes back to what i've been saying for the past 3 years... you are the same as you were when we were kids, yet you are different! so that makes sense! and i like you better with long hair anyway!!!
love, fro
p.s. i'm the one who said you rock!!!

rough olive said...

I was wondering who said that