Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Self Doubt



I clime this latter of life trying to reach the top.
Every day is another step and you would think that at my age I would have a better understanding of boundaries.

I would have the ability to overcome my fear of screwing up.
Overcome the fear of failure.

See I know by now that without taking risks you will go nowhere.
So why was it so hard for me to pick up the phone, at work, and ask what the client wants?

Because I was afraid of looking dumb.
Now I have let the issue at hand go on for three days and that makes me look worse then if I had just picked up the phone and asked the question, even if it seemed dumb at the time.

Once realizing this I asked myself do I do this in my personal life too.
That would explain the business plan that sits in my office not being used, collecting dust.

I can see my life changing right in front of my eyes. I am changing, my family is changing, it is maturing. I am taking another step in the right direction, I know I am.
I just need to get over myself and do it.

Cause a verb to happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got that right.... Manolo