Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Treasure

I have been having some trouble with my car lately and my husband and I are entertaining the idea of selling the thing and getting something a little bigger. Our family is growing but our car is not, so I was in the storage area searching desperately for the title of my car, which was sent to me about three years ago. To be quite honest with you the last time I remember seeing the darn thing was when I opened the envelop and ran around the house waving the title in air screaming with total joy that I would no longer have a stupid car payment.
Long story short…
I didn’t find it.
However I did find this disc with some pictures on it and my curiosity got the best of me so I popped it into Shamus (our computer) and this is what I found.




This is a picture of my dad throwing the ashes of my mom into San Francisco Bay.
I was unable to attend. It made me sad to see but I am trying to find the positive in it and I have come to this…
(I take a deep breath and a sip of wine)
She is not here to help me along with the rest of my life but every time I look in the mirror I see her starring back at me.

I am glad I found this…
I needed this…

1 comment:

FRO said...

i love you dude, and i must appologize...when you said you found the pic of your mom blowing away in san fran, i thought it was just a pic of her standing in the wind... i get it now...
i'm glad you found it, and i'd like to think the reason you had to look for your title was so that you could find the pic (and those other lost things...) like i always have said "everything happens for a reason"