Monday, May 01, 2006

High School... What?




Angela (a childhood friend of mine) and I go to our high school, 8 years after graduating, to see some old teachers. Well needless to say she and I were remembered. It was shocking that all the teachers we had, remembered us which is nice, but there was one teacher in particular that could not get over the fact that I was even alive. Mr. Wright my 8th grade science teacher could not believe that I had turned out to be such an upstanding, law biding person in society.

I was a bad kid in high school and he was sure to leave an impression on me as too how bad I really was.

For a moment there I was standing in front of his class doing a speech on “Be cool stay in school” and “Just say NO” funny how things change. He even pointed to me and said to his class “She was the worst and I didn’t think she would make it.”

Then Angela and I raided his storage to get two 1998 year books (our graduating year) and we were off, or so we thought. He said that will be 35 dollars a piece.

Thirty Five Dollars!

It took me 8 years to get to that point in my life where I accept the fact that I even went to high school and he wants to charge me 35 dollars!

It’s in the mail…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was great tara! makes me tingle just thinking about those old hall ways! i too was shocked that we were remembered as well as we were! I guess we too left an impression on our past, maybe more so than we thought!!!!
I still like banana's!!