Monday, March 26, 2007

Sweating Bullets


I am fulfilling one of my many wishes as a child, which is to see the world and even though I have been out of the country before, this trip will be the furthest from home I will have ever traveled. We are heading to the Outback all the way on the other side of the hemisphere. Wohw. I know that we will be traveling into open arms of security once we are there but still the fear of travel scares me more then ever. Once upon a time I would have the gal to jump into my car and drive for hours without thinking anything about it but as I get older I become more fearful and existed at the same time. Travel is all I ever wanted to do as a child and young adult but finally I have the money and time to do it and I couldn’t ask for a better travel partner then my husband. Going into the unknown is what we do best and I am sure we will grow from this. I mean he has taken me to his home land of Colombia, South America and that was fun even though I didn’t speak so much Spanish at the time, his friends and family treated me with respect and showed me love. But this trip is just the beginning of our life together as travelers. Keep an eye out for the pictures on my Flickr account.
See ya in the air!

No comments: