Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dog Days


Caught myself doing it again.
I was playing outside too long and got bit by the homesick bug.
If I could just get 10 hours away maybe I wouldn’t feel so sick.
I was daydreaming on a real estate site
I am ready to have my family.
The family I left so long ago
The family that wasn’t there until years after I left
I want my dad, sister, and friend
They for me represent the security blanket that I have lived without for so many years
The summer nights at a picnic table
The winter afternoons at the kitchen table
Just talking
Just complaining
Just brutally judging other peoples values
I wish they made a repellent for that darn bug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awe, we miss you so much too dude! and soon we'll be hanging out at a fire roasting marshmallows and hot dogs, making smores and talking about the good old days, and the bad old days, and about all the people that we normally talk about. and we'll be doing that in my back yard...then when it gets a bit late, we'll go inside and sit at my DINING ROOM table and finish our conversation while eating fried green tomatos and what ever else will fit in my wonderful fry daddy!!!! and there is no repellent for that bug, i've already looked. but you might try the back isle of the quickie stop! derka sherpa!!
love and miss you
fro