Thursday, March 30, 2006

Healthy Bee

I love you Manolo!

For almost three years of my life I would eat right, exercise religiously, and run three miles a day. This kept me tone and healthy, but for the last few years it has not been that easy. I when back to school and for the last two years I have been putting off my healthy life style. I was only making it worse by taking that time to drink heavily and smoke.

Now my body is paying for it.

A few weeks back my wonderful husband and I decided that it would be in our best interest to start to taking care of our bodies for the future of our (future) children.
We agreed that we would get up in the morning and go for a walk. After not doing anything, a walk is a great place to start. A day or two passed and we are already falling off the wagon.

But not today I tell you!

I will be good and get up and go for that walk.
So I am trying to wake my husband up but he scowled at me and I think he even tried to bite me when I woke him, something about a bad night sleep.
At any rate, I get up and dresses and put my shoes on and by then he was doing his zombie walk through the house with a disgusted sleepy look on his face, so I tell him, “I will be fine, go back to bed if it is that bad.”

Here is where it gets good.

When I leave the house Poncho came in from the porch and Easter when out, and I closed the door bidding my love 15 minutes of sleep.

I start my walk down the street passing other people walking their dogs and such, doing my “Good Morning” wave.

About half way through my walk I decide that I am going to try a little run today. My brain agrees that this is a good idea and this will give me the right to barge to my husband what a great walk he missed.

I get to the end of the park and start to run. I run to the stop sign at the church. This is about ¼ of a mile distance. Not even a 10 min run.

By the time I get there I begin to feel the mistake I have made.
My heart is pounding so hard it is knocking me off balance.
Sweat pours from my armpits like a fire hose.
My hair has fallen and as I try to fix it I almost fall down from being dizzy.
But I can still pull off a “Good Morning” to a passer by.

Upon my return to the house I tell Manolo what a great walk it was and how I ran a little.

His bark was, “That’s great but, I didn’t get to go back to sleep because after you left, Poncho meowed the hole time and danced on the bed so, I had to feed him and didn’t get any more sleep.”

Good Boy Poncho!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DON'T GIVE UP! IT GETS BETTER, AND SOON YOU'LL BE RUNNING ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE GREAT STATE OF FLORIDA, AND I SHALL CALL YOU BANNA GUMP....JUST KIDDING DUDE, I LOVE YA
FRO